20 Lessons I’ve Learned Traveling the World
- The only toiletry item that I can’t live without is a small bottle of travel shampoo. It can be used for anything - including facewash, body wash, laundry detergent, hand soap, and the occasional bubble bath.
- I've learned that one size does not fit all when it comes to Mexican wrestling masks. (Long story...)
- I've learned that fuzzy socks, an eye mask, and a glass of wine can get you through ANY flight.
- I’ve learned that I would love going on cruises if I wasn’t lactose intolerant. The all-you-can-eat soft serve machine simply taunts me. For this reason alone, cruising does not suit me at all.
- I’ve learned that jet lag leads to the best memories of wide awake 2:00am dinners on the grand canal in Venice, midnight walks around Paris, and dancing all night in Spain.
- I’ve learned that the ultimate goal of putting myself through the enormous expense and exhausting effort of flying halfway around the world is so that I can sit still and stare at something that is soul-wrenchingly beautiful for long periods of time. With earbuds. And Bon Iver.
- I’ve learned that I am incredibly ignorant.
- I’ve learned that I am incredibly grateful.
- I’ve learned that I am incredibly blessed.
- I’ve learned that I am incredibly young.
- I’ve learned that there’s nothing that a tablet of Pepto Bismol can’t cure. (Even headaches. Weird.)
- I’ve learned to at least figure out how to say Thank You, Please, Pardon Me, How much?, and Coffee in the language of the country. Not in that particular order.
- I’ve learned that I can climb almost anything in a pair of worn out Rainbows. Almost.
- As a female, I've learned to squat. Wherever. Whenever. 'Nuf said.
- I've learned that you shouldn't drink the water. Even if it's in a supes fancy hotel in the nicest part of Bolivia...
- I've learned that you will definitely get flagged by TSA if you accidentally bring an apple into the country from Australia.
- I've learned that home really is where your heart is.
- I've learned that my heart is in my backyard in San Diego.
- I've learned that Gracie the Cat can endure anything while we're gone.
- And lastly, I've learned that it's less about the places you get to go. In the end, it's who is picking you up from the airport when you get home that really matters in life. (Thanks to my friend, Hannah, for this nugget of wisdom.)
WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
OUR MOST HELPFUL WEDDING PLANNING TIPS, STRAIGHT FROM THE EXPERTS
Our Formula for the Perfect Engagement Outfit
Picking the perfect outfit for a photo session can be one of the most difficult experiences BUT it doesn’t have to be. I’ve seen enough outfits that work and don’t work that I’ve cracked the ultimate code for our couples...
Our Stress-Free Wedding Day Timeline
There’s nothing better than a stress-free wedding day when everything runs smoothly, your guests have the time of their lives, and you soak in the day with your sweetie. Though it sounds too good to be true, you can...
10 Foolproof Tips to Get Gorgeous Wedding Photos
It’s the #1 question brides ask: What can I do to get the most amazing photos on my wedding day?
Having been through the in’s and out’s of countless weddings, I have loads of tips to share, so let's...