Almond Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy natural almond butter, stirred
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed 1 minute. Add almond butter; beat until smooth. Beat in brown sugar, then egg, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in almonds.
- Form dough into an 11-inch-long log, 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Wrap in parchment and freeze until firm, about 1 hour (or up to 3 months).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a chef's knife, slice log into scant 1/4-inch-thick rounds, using one quick motion for each slice. Arrange rounds 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, pressing back into shape.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are light golden on edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored, covered, up to 5 days.
- Beat cream cheese, honey, and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until combined. Spread 1 tablespoon each on bottoms of half of the cookies, then sandwich with remaining cookies, pressing gently to spread filling to edges. Filled cookies are best the same day.
WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
OUR MOST HELPFUL WEDDING PLANNING TIPS, STRAIGHT FROM THE EXPERTS
Our Formula for the Perfect Engagement Outfit
Picking the perfect outfit for a photo session can be one of the most difficult experiences BUT it doesn’t have to be. I’ve seen enough outfits that work and don’t work that I’ve cracked the ultimate code for our couples...
Our Stress-Free Wedding Day Timeline
There’s nothing better than a stress-free wedding day when everything runs smoothly, your guests have the time of their lives, and you soak in the day with your sweetie. Though it sounds too good to be true, you can...
10 Foolproof Tips to Get Gorgeous Wedding Photos
It’s the #1 question brides ask: What can I do to get the most amazing photos on my wedding day?
Having been through the in’s and out’s of countless weddings, I have loads of tips to share, so let's...