Rhubarb Flatbread with Chives and Honey
- 1 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks fresh rhubarb, trimmed
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl combine water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Add yeast mixture, chives, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Stir until combined. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough additional flour to make the dough smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl; turn to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal; set aside. Punch dough down. Divide dough in half (dough may be slightly sticky). Roll each half into a 12x4-inch rectangle. Carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet. Gently press 2 to 3 stalks of rhubarb into each half of shaped dough. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with additional salt.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown and rhubarb is tender. Drizzle with additional olive oil and honey before serving.
WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
OUR MOST HELPFUL WEDDING PLANNING TIPS, STRAIGHT FROM THE EXPERTS
Our Formula for the Perfect Engagement Outfit
Picking the perfect outfit for a photo session can be one of the most difficult experiences BUT it doesn’t have to be. I’ve seen enough outfits that work and don’t work that I’ve cracked the ultimate code for our couples...
Our Stress-Free Wedding Day Timeline
There’s nothing better than a stress-free wedding day when everything runs smoothly, your guests have the time of their lives, and you soak in the day with your sweetie. Though it sounds too good to be true, you can...
10 Foolproof Tips to Get Gorgeous Wedding Photos
It’s the #1 question brides ask: What can I do to get the most amazing photos on my wedding day?
Having been through the in’s and out’s of countless weddings, I have loads of tips to share, so let's...