Tres Leches Bread Pudding
- Nonstick spray
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 large egg yolks
- 1 loaf challah bread, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces (stale is best)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cinnamon Sugar Sauce, recipe follows
- Freshly whipped cream, for serving
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coat the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Line the insert with aluminum foil for easy removal, letting some foil overhand for handles.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and egg yolks. Toss in the cubed bread and the almonds and mix to coat all the bread.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low until the center of the bread pudding is set, about 4 hours. Remove the lid and cool. Use the foil handles to lift the bread pudding from the slow cooker. Drizzle individual servings with Cinnamon Sugar Sauce and top with freshly whipped cream.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, buttermilk, corn syrup, vanilla and cinnamon and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and slowly add the baking soda. At first the sauce will bubble up, just keep stirring. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
WEDDING PLANNING TIPS
OUR MOST HELPFUL WEDDING PLANNING TIPS, STRAIGHT FROM THE EXPERTS
Our Formula for the Perfect Engagement Outfit
Picking the perfect outfit for a photo session can be one of the most difficult experiences BUT it doesn’t have to be. I’ve seen enough outfits that work and don’t work that I’ve cracked the ultimate code for our couples...
Our Stress-Free Wedding Day Timeline
There’s nothing better than a stress-free wedding day when everything runs smoothly, your guests have the time of their lives, and you soak in the day with your sweetie. Though it sounds too good to be true, you can...
10 Foolproof Tips to Get Gorgeous Wedding Photos
It’s the #1 question brides ask: What can I do to get the most amazing photos on my wedding day?
Having been through the in’s and out’s of countless weddings, I have loads of tips to share, so let's...