Are Associates the Right Move for Your Business?
Creative Rising Episode 204
[TRAINING] Are you thinking about hiring an associate photographer to shoot under your brand? Or wondering if it’s really the right move for your business… or a big mistake?
We see photographers get caught up in this question all the time, and we want to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting into when you add an associate to your business. We’ve been through the tumultuous process, and we’ve learned all of the critical dos and don’ts the hard way that we can help you avoid.
In this episode, I’m outlining everything you need to know about how to run a successful associate program, including:
- How to find the best people that will actually deliver on your brand promise
- The exact contract agreements you need to keep your biz legal
- How to structure your associate program so it doesn’t damage your hard-earned brand
Mentioned in the episode is our Independent Contractor Agreement, so grab that here to use for your associates and second shooters.
Plus, I’ll be walking you through the critical steps you need to take to know if an associate program is even the right move for your business. (Hint: There are some very specific requirements to be successful, otherwise it could do some serious damage to your brand. I’ll tell you what they are.)
Special Thanks to Weston Bennett!
- (04:01) How to Really Know If Associates Are the Right Move
- (12:06) SPONSOR: Freedom Edits – They Work With Associate Programs!
- (14:35) The Different Associate Business Models
- (19:10) Step One: How to Find & Train the Right People
- (27:29) Step Two: How to Set Up the Right Expectations
- (34:56) Step Three: How to Get Legal
- (38:09) Step Four: How to Communicate
- (42:34) The Best Advice
Do you have associates in your business or are you considering them? Freedom Edits has a special Associates Service where they will customize a post-production workflow specifically for you! Want your associate to drop their images on the Freedom Edits server directly? You’ll receive a Lightroom Catalog and a link to the image gallery – it can be that simple!
This is exclusively for Creative Rising listeners, so get your first job edited for free at the link above and ask about their Associate Service!
Reviews are how we get found! If you binge these episodes, then share the love!! Leave a review on iTunes so that other amazing photographers like you can find us, too.
**Listen to the podcast episode above.**
MORE POSTS LIKE THIS
START BY GRABBING ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR FREE RESOURCES!